Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two Months

To My Sweet Baby Boy,

It is so hard for me to believe that you are already two months old. These last two months have flown by. Every day, I am amazed by you and the new things you are learning to do. You are spending more and more time awake and alert. As a matter of fact, you are quite the little night owl! Most nights, you don't go to sleep for the night until at least 11...and sometimes midnight. You must have inherited my patience because when it comes to waiting for things (a bottle, someone to respond to your cries and pick you up) you are not very patient at all! You smiled your first real smile about a week ago. Nana actually was the first one to get one out of you, but you gave me one later that night as I was giving you your bottle. There have been several since then, and I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before you are just smiling all the time. Everyone who sees you admires what a handsome little man you are! There are some people who say you look lots like Daddy, while others think you look like me. I can see both of us in you, and it varies based on your facial expressions at the time. Even though Daddy is far away, he still talks to you when he calls. When you hear his voice through the phone, you usually get calm and still while you listen. I've said it before, and I am sure I will say it again, but I love you more than I ever imagined I would. You are truly a blessing to our family, and you are a very loved little boy. Always remember that.

Love You Forever,
Mommy

0 comments: