Friday, June 19, 2009

Three Months

Dear Jackson,

I can hardly believe that you are already three months old!! Where, oh where did the time fly away to? You are such a sweet boy, and you just get sweeter each and every day.

I'm not quite sure where you get it from, because neither Daddy nor I are very big "morning people" but you are so animated, giggly, and happy in the mornings when you wake up. You usually greet me with that sweet, sweet smile of yours every morning. You almost always have one dimple that shows, but when the smile gets bigger, they both show, and it's the cutest smile I think I have ever seen. You find amusement in the funniest things. I have yet to hear it, but a few days ago, Nana got a true laugh out of you. Of all things, you laughed when she sniffed her nose. We've tried doing it again to see if you will give out that laugh but I still have yet to hear it. You will grin and giggle a little bit, and there are times when I can see that you want to let out the full laugh but you just can't quite do it yet. I will wait patiently for the day when I can hear it for myself.

You are growing bigger and stronger each and every day, and are now weighing in at 16 pounds!! You are getting much better at keeping your head held up and you love to stand up on someones lap while they help support you. Earlier this week, you discovered that the toys on the front of your bouncer seat make the lights and sound start once you hit them. You hit it a couple of times and had this look of amazement each time the lights started. By the third time, you had figured out that your kicks was making it go, and you squealed with delight when it started again. (Mommy has since made a mental note to try & always have the video camera battery charged so future events won't be missed.)

There have been several times now that Mommy has put in the video that Daddy made for your while he was home just after you were born. Each time you look towards the television and sit still, just watching and listening. When Daddy calls and talks to you through the speaker phone, you look at the phone is amazement, as if you are wondering just how he got in there. I know Daddy misses you very much, and he's very excited that he will be home in less than 2 months and will be able to spend lots of time with you.

Every time I write one of these letters, I think about the last one and how much you have grown and changed. It always amazes me how much I love you more and more every day. You are an amazing little person who has changed my life forever. When you look at me with those big blue eyes and sweet grin, I know I will never be able to put into words just how much I love you. I hope by the time you are old enough to read this and understand, you will know just how special and how very loved you are.

Love you always,
Mommy

0 comments: