Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holy Growing Baby Boy, Batman!!

Unless he gets sick and needs to see the doctor, Jackson won't go back to his pediatrician until his two month appointment for shots. (Eeeek! I'm sure I will cry as much as he does. My baby has to get shots!) So, I don't have "official" stats for him, but for my curiosity sake and for the baby book, I weighed and measured him. The doctor's office scale is more accurate than mine in the fact that it breaks it down by pounds and ounces. Mine rounds by 1/2 pound incrimates. According to our scale, he weighs around 11 pounds, and according to my measuring, he's now about 20 1/2 inches tall. Now, if you remember his birth stats, you may be thinking wow, he grew 3 1/2 inches in a month. Ehh, not so much. When we saw the pediatrician a couple of days after we were discharged from the hospital, we figured out he was a little shortchanged on his birth measurements. At 5 days old, he measured 18 1/2 inches. I really doubt he grew that much in five days. So, he did grow in the last month, but not as much as it sounds like.

Monday was his one month birthday. I didn't actually get any pictures on the actual day. Before anyone thinks I was slacking on my mommy duties, I must say that Monday was a pretty hectic day. Jackson is usually a very calm baby, unless he's hungry or needs a new diaper. However, Monday he was lots fussier than normal, and he was incredibly gassy. The only comfort he seemed to get was to be held and cuddled. It's hard to take pictures at the same time you are holding him. I did get pictures the day before since it was Easter, so I'll consider that close enough to his one month photo. (Oh, and by the way, once the gassiness was finally gone, he was back to his sweet, usual self.)

0 comments: