Monday, April 13, 2009

One Month

Dear Jackson,

Tomorrow you will be one month old. This last month has flown by, and I have learned so much about you, and about myself. I never realized how much a lack of sleep really wouldn't bother me if it meant I was being woken up to take care of you. I never realized how I could go from really disliking putting laundry away to smiling when I fold your tiny little outfits. I never realized how happy sweet little coos could make me. And, I never realized just how much love my heart could hold.

Parts of your personality are starting to come out. When it's time for you to burp during feedings, and your bottle gets moved, you protest with a sound that's almost growl like. Once I start to pat your back, you usually make a small grunting noise, almost as if you are trying to push the burp out. When you are awake, you usually look around bright eyed, taking in the world around you. You are a very sweet, very good baby. When you cry, I usually know it's because you are hungry, or need a new diaper. Occasionally you will fight going to sleep, but you usually go down without too much of a protest. Some of my favorite moments are the ones when you fall asleep with your head resting on my shoulder. I usually wait with you there for at least a few minutes to make sure you are well asleep before I move you to your bed. Those minutes are the sweetest ones I have experienced.

Happy One Month Birthday, my sweet baby boy.

Love you always,
Mommy

0 comments: